Employment StatusFull Time
Security Clearance Required
The Writer/Editor will work with the Communications team to raise the profile and advance the learning and knowledge sharing objectives across various USAID programs and initiatives. The Writer/Editor will work on an as-needed basis to help manage the writing, editing, and production of various knowledge management products that further the strategic goals of project clients.
- Writing and editing program/project reports for various clients. This may include brief documents of fewer than 10 pages to more expansive work of 70 pages or more.
- Developing background documents and toolkits to support client communication activities – social media toolkits for USAID missions, talking point and promotional messages.
- Producing fact sheets, project overviews and topic summaries.
- Developing case studies and success stories.
- Identifying and updating key statistics in specified areas to support and make the case for development initiatives.
- Creating and editing blog posts, PowerPoint presentations, video scripts and web pages.
- Participating in development of training materials and how-to documents.
- Working with technical experts and other staff to write, edit, and prepare content for various media including printed reports, web pages, web articles, digital stories, etc.
- At least 10 years of writing and experience, transforming technical and abstract ideas into engaging content to achieve strategic aims.
- Demonstrated success in developing content for print and online marketing collateral.
- Experience editing and writing on international development issues and a deep understanding of USAID processes is highly desired.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly; working in a USAID or other government agency environment a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, and vendors.
- Approval to work in the United States.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with experience.