Employment StatusFull Time
Security Clearance Required
The Senior Graphic Designer will work within the Communications Portfolio across various USAID programs and initiatives. This position will advise on concept development and take the lead in establishing a strong design vision for programs that reinforces established branding and message development, and deepens audience engagement. Working with a highly creative team, the position will bring a fresh perspective and use cutting-edge approaches to create print materials, refresh web page design and architecture, design new web elements, and produce graphics for various multimedia products, including video.
The duties and responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Consult with clients on design concepts and graphic-based messaging. In collaboration with other footeam members, work with clients to transform technical or abstract concepts into innovative visual products that reflect message priorities.
- Reinforce program brands. Build on the strength of existing brands and take the lead on establishing refreshed and/or new brand “look and feel.”
- Produce stand-out design products. Stay abreast of current design trends and tools to create innovative work that gets people talking and sharing information.
- Work collaboratively with peers. Use existing systems, or propose new ones, to communicate priorities, needs, and deadlines around simultaneous work products, and proactively seek feedback from appropriate team members.
- Draft mock-ups and present to non-designers. Effectively pitch design ideas to clients and staff who are less design-oriented.
- Get multiple things done at once. Ensure that high-quality work is delivered on time.
- Approval to work in the United States.
- At least 5 years of digital design experience with established brands, experience working with government agencies a plus.
- Demonstrated success designing print and multimedia products that convey brands and messaging for complex, evolving campaigns.
- Strong ability to turn abstract concepts and messages into compelling visual storytelling.
- High proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite products.
- Proven skills in web design for various platforms; HTML5, CSS3, and Drupal CMS a must.
- Experience in designing for various email service platforms (Mailchimp, Constant Contact).
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, colleagues, and management across the organization.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with experience.