Employment StatusFull Time
Security Clearance Required
Yes – Active Secret
An exciting and challenging position for a Release Manager on a large IT project providing application operations and maintenance, COTS integration and software development services and business solutions for more than 50 mission systems in the Federal Government. The candidate will be responsible for the overall success of software releases; managing release schedules; tracking budgets; optimizing resource assignments; and collaborating with key government stakeholders. The work location is in Arlington, Virginia.
The duties for this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and lead client software releases leveraging Agile/SDLC processes, tools and templates.
- Work closely with government stakeholders to effectively manage customer expectations for all software releases.
- Prepare project plans and project schedules, manage project team assignments, track milestones, and ensure seamless integration with software release plans.
- Ensure compliance with client Agile/SDLC standards and customer specifications.
- Lead/Support multi-disciplined project teams in the delivery of high-quality IT products and services (on time and in budget).
- Track action items and actively identify and mitigate risks.
- Motivate staff and provide leadership and guidance to improve team performance. Identify, communicate, and lead ongoing process improvements initiatives.
- Provide support to the client Project Manager for ad-hoc business development activities.
- Ability to manage the security continuous monitoring activities for assigned applications
- Work with organization security team to understand policies and processes.
The qualifications for this position may include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum of five years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience preparing project plans, managing resources, monitoring performance, tracking budgets, and quality metrics reporting.
- Experience leading customer meetings, and preparing/delivering presentations.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly.
- Well organized and detail oriented, strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work well with others.
- Strong team player with effective leadership and collaboration skills.
- PMI Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification.
- ScrumMaster certificate (optional)
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with experience.