Employment StatusFull Time
Security Clearance Required
The Finance and Administrative Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations for the USAID-funded Project. In that role, s/he will work closely with the Chief of Party and Portfolio Managers as well as the operations team to ensure smooth and efficient operations, financial management, procurement, compliance and project management.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets and compiles financial reports for clients and Portfolio Managers.
- Monitors LOC Budget including quarterly updates against actual costs and staff changes and projections
- Prepare Monthly financial reports, and work with COR to answer any questions on current spending
- Develops activity-level budgets in coordination with Portfolio Managers and responds to client budget updates and clarification needs.
- Oversees invoice processes and subcontractor costs, manages invoice payment and tracking.
Procurement and Contract Compliance
- Liaise with COR and Contracts Officer on program operations and administrative issues
- Support the grants under contract program, enforcing policies and procedures
- Participates in the process for project procurement, including: managing commercial vendor agreements, resolving vendor issues, and modifying purchase orders.
- Ensures the timely delivery of all project financial reporting including annual report contributions; semi-annual planning; accrual reports; and other financial reports and deliverables as requested by the COR or the COP
- Works with the COP to ensure project operations are in compliance with FAR/AIDAR and serve as the liaison with Insight corporate finance, administrative, and contract staff as necessary.
- Performs subcontractor management including review and approval of personnel, review and approval of invoices
- Project Lead for TMS updates, including new task creation, editing hours, and running reports for Portfolio Managers
- Runs weekly reports to ensure TMS and Deltek timesheets are accurately updated by all staff
- Validates Deltek time and attendance system records for prime contractor employees
- Participates in Weekly Portfolio Managers’ Meetings and follow-up meetings with Portfolio Managers as needed
- Advises staff on operations, policies and procedures.
- Manage approvals for CWS and WFH access and scheduling.
- Recommends strategies to streamline systems for effectiveness and efficiency, considering client needs, team dynamics, and the project and corporate mission.
Recruitment and Staff Care
- Works with COP to determine staffing needs, and salary bands for open requisitions
- Leads the recruitment of short- and long-term staff and manages the hiring process, including: working with Portfolio Managers to fine-tune job descriptions/advertisements, identifying and screening suitable applicants, scheduling interviews, conducting background reviews, scheduling and participating in candidate interviews, preparing and coordinating completion of biodata forms, and verifying pay and reference data.
- Oversees the staff onboarding and orientation process. Revises content of orientation trainings as needed.
- Serves as primary point of contact for consultants on administrative matters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in a relevant field.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience (USAID-related project management, finance, contracts, and operations).
- Strong understanding and proficiency in financial and project management systems and procedures.
- Proficiency in USAID regulations, FAR and ADS and procurement procedures and contract compliance.
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office Suite programs.
- Demonstrated ability to propose workable solutions to complex technical, managerial or operational problems.
- Demonstrated proactivity, attention to detail, working within deadlines, and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and client service provision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience living or working in developing countries and language proficiency in geographic area preferred.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with experience.