Employment StatusFull Time
Security Clearance Required
Insight Systems Corporation is seeking a Knowledge Management (KM) Specialist in support of USAID. The Knowledge Management Portfolio employs the use of traditional and digital learning approaches to develop and implement innovative, creative, and effective ways to strategically capture and share technical knowledge, leverage good practices, and improve the effectiveness of development programs around the world. The KM Specialist will be responsible for a wide variety of activities related to identifying, managing, packaging, and disseminating key information to advance technical practice and provide practitioners with the tools they need to conduct better development work. Specifically, the KM Specialist will lead and support learning events, conduct research, produce resources and guidance, and facilitate ongoing content development and engagement.
- Design and implement effective learning activities – in collaboration with other team members, work with clients to scope and implement appropriate and effective knowledge capture and sharing activities.
- Manage knowledge sharing events – in collaboration with USAID, scope and manage the successful execution of knowledge sharing events including monthly seminars/webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions.
- Identify and curate technical content – in collaboration with USAID and technical experts, research, design, and implement technical content strategies to ensure that the right knowledge is getting to the right people at the right time (and in the right way).
- Support website community engagement – along with the Agrilinks Community Manager, respond to website members in a timely manner and engage them in meaningful knowledge exchange.
- Document and share learning – ensure requirements, lessons learned, and best practices for products, events, and other Knowledge Management activities are clear and documented.
- Engage partners and learning champions – work with program managers, project partners, and learning champions to expand various online/in-person learning activities including engaging the growing member base on project websites, collaborating with external partners, and contributing content.
- Support knowledge management and organizational learning activities –contribute and grow methods, approaches, and practice in knowledge management and organizational/project learning for international development.
- Work collaboratively with peers – work within the Knowledge Management team and also closely with other teams including communications, web development, training, and assessing and learning to ensure alignment and cohesion.
- Think outside the box – identify and share more creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration.
- Get things done – ensure that quality work is delivered on time.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 5+ years of experience (preferred) in knowledge management, organizational learning, international development, international affairs, or a relevant advanced degree.
- Demonstrated interest in and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning programs.
- Ability to link content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through project learning platforms and activities.
- Demonstrated interest and experience in international development, especially USAID programs (overseas experience a plus).
- Excellent facilitation, program/activity management, and written and oral communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Team player with positive attitude.
Approval to work in the United States.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with experience.