Employment StatusFull Time
Security Clearance Required
The duties for this position include working in a small team of developers to build and maintain J2EE Web applications for USAID.
- Works with Web team manager and project managers to develop technical requirements.
- Architects web solutions by researching and recommending optimal design options.
- Ensures sites maintain optimum performance and security; works with systems administrator to ensure consistent uptime.
- Creates automated scripts to perform site maintenance tasks such as upgrades and data migration.
- Performs code reviews for peer developers and oversees work conducted by outside contractors and consultants.
- Provides clear and robust technical documentation for all work performed.
- Serves as an internal resource for on-the-job training and support to project staff on all aspects of day-to-day site management.
- Enforces clear and consistent site governance procedures across all project sites.
- Java, J2EE with an understanding of EJBs, JSPs, Servlets, XML, MVC, Struts, Hibernate and Spring.
- The candidate must also be a US Citizen able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with major JEE application servers such as IIS, JBOSS, and Tomcat.
- Knowledge of Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures, and basics of SQL tuning.
- Understands principles of OOD, design patterns and class structures.
- Experience with Agile development methodology (i.e. Scrum, Extreme, Adaptive) would be a plus.
- Experience with Documentum document management and networking a plus.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with experience.