Employment StatusFull Time
Security Clearance Required
The Communications Strategist supports the project by using research and analytical tools to develop and implement marketing approaches that increase engagement, grow membership and support the maturing needs of learning communities. The Communications Strategist coordinates work across portfolios and buy-ins to further knowledge and information sharing.
The Communications Strategist focuses on marketing, learning community growth and improved engagement across the clients and their respective products and services. The Strategist concentrates on: research and assessment, email marketing, social media strategies and outreach, marketing automation, content packaging and leveraging external resources (websites and systems) to reach new and strengthen relationships with existing audiences.
- Use existing analytics to understand habits and needs of learning communities.
- Research emerging trends in marketing with a focus, but not exclusively, on digital platforms.
- Develop and manage digital engagement strategies and tactics with a focus on quantitative growth.
- Create and refine marketing messages for clients.
- Develop a messaging calendar for buy-ins that supports key activities.
- Coordinate and manage messaging for invitations, marketing pieces, newsletters and other products.
- Facilitate greater interaction among the Web Portfolio and content creators to cultivate, package and innovate use of web platforms.
- Work with portfolio managers and clients to identify opportunities for learning community growth and stakeholder interaction.
- Employ appropriate branding and styles across platforms.
- Coordinate with and backstop quality assurance processes.
- Train staff on strategies, tools and approaches for improved marketing and outreach and how to integrate these with communication and knowledge management initiatives.
- Develop strategies writers and editors can use during content development to incorporate marketing messages seamlessly.
- Design tracking mechanisms to gauge success and provide data for improved product development and reporting.
- Identifying marketing opportunities for cross buy-in collaboration that offers win-win benefits to all parties.
- Work with portfolio managers on landscape level approaches to meet client objectives.
- At least 6 years of working in communications, marketing or public relations with progressively responsible work experience.
- Ability to transform technical and abstract ideas into engaging content to achieve strategic objectives.
- Ability to coordinate projects and work flow across units and clients.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing technologies and practices.
- Demonstrated success in developing content for print and online marketing collateral.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly; working in a USAID or other government agency environment a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, and vendors.
- Nimble thinking and problem solving skills.
- BA in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field.
- Approval to work in the United States.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with experience.