Communications Specialist – Client Coordination
Insight Systems Corporation is seeking a Communications Specialist – Client Coordination to support the USAID Feed the Future Knowledge Driven Agricultural Development (KDAD) Project. The KDAD project promotes effective, innovative knowledge management, strategic communications, and training services to further agricultural development, food security, enterprise promotion, and poverty reduction. The Communications Specialist works with clients to ensure that tasks are planned appropriately and delivered on time. Additionally, this position develops and implements communications projects and works across KDAD as needed.
The Communications Specialist-Client Coordination works within the Communications Portfolio and will work directly with clients from the Bureau of Food Security, the Economic Growth, Education and Environment Bureau’s offices of Private Capital and Microenterprise and Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment, and others to translate client requests into creative and effective communications strategies and content. The position requires a highly organized, personable, and strong communicator, well-suited to multiple task management. This position works within a highly creative project team. The right candidate will be a team player who takes initiative, uses organizational skills to improve communication with clients and brings a fresh perspective to communications approaches to improve team performance and help ensure quality of final products. The incumbent will report to the Communications Portfolio Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work across project clients, in collaboration with other KDAD and communications staff, to identify requirements and help coordinate task implementation.
- Develop task implementation plans, timelines and manage ongoing reporting to clients.
- Coordinate with outside vendors and contract communications and design professionals.
- Work with KDAD staff to develop strategies to incorporate analytics into project planning and use findings to improve content and product delivery.
- Plan, write, and produce content to support campaigns, newsletters and websites, events and marketing initiatives, individually or in collaboration with others.
- Ensure appropriate branding standards are met for all products.
- Collaborate with communications staff to develop and test innovative projects and practices.
- Work with KDAD staff to advance the integration of Oracle Eloqua into KDAD communications portfolio activities.
- Bachelor’s degree (Communications, Journalism, Public Relations preferred, or in a related area with demonstrated proficiency in Communications).
- At least 3 years of communications experience, including project coordination and planning.
- Demonstrated success in planning and implementing communications-related activities from start to finish.
- Strong ability to turn abstract concepts and messages into compelling content and campaigns.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, and management across the organization.
- Proven writing and editing skills across media.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with AP and GPO style.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of Oracle Eloqua, basic web editing, familiarity with HTML, CSS, Photoshop and Dreamweaver a plus.
- Approval to work in the United States.
The KDAD project is responsible for developing and managing communications, knowledge sharing tools and learning communities for agricultural development and food security (www.agrilinks.org, www.feedthefuture.gov), inclusive market development (www.microlinks.org), Women’s Leadership in Small and Medium Enterprises (www.wlsme.org), Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment, and Agency-wide learning, evaluation, and knowledge management (www.usaidlearninglab.org).
How to Apply
Interested candidates, please submit your resume, salary requirements and cover letter online. For questions, please contact email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with experience.